You can get description of DPJ class library.
Now you can download the DPJ class library.
The DPJ is implemented for Solaris 2.3 - 2.5 OS. The following programs must be installed:
- Java 1.1.x - Requires the Java 1.2 compliant virtual machine and compiler.
- MPI LAM implementation (version 6.0 or later) installed.
- Links between the parallel program components are carried out by means of MPI Java Wrapper.
To install our package you should:
- place our package in "destination" directory on each node of your multicomputer;
- type gunzip dpj.tar.gz | tar xvf
- set the following environment
variables on each node of you multicomputer inside your
- LD_LIBRAY_PATH = "destination"/lib
- PATH = "destination"/bin
- CLASSPATH = "destination"
- LAMHOME = "destination"
- You can write schema file (e.g. bhost.lam) in "destination"/boot subdirectory (this file contains names of all workstations you will use for your parallel program)
To run parallel Java programm named "package.ParallelProgram" you should:
- Write parallel program using DPJ class library.
- Compile parallel program using standard Java compiler, e.g. javac ParallelProgram.java.
- Boot up your multicomputer: type in lamboot bhost.lam, (if you want to use single workstation, type lamboot).
- Copy your java class files onto each node of your multicomputer, destination should appear in the CLASSPATH environment variable on corresponding node of multicomputer.
- Run NumberOfNodes JavaVMs executing
parallel program using dpj.sh script,
e.g. dpj.sh SchemaFile NumberOfNodes package.ParallelProgram parameters.
- After all parallel programs passed, shut down
multicomputer by typing
Please send your comments, questions or suggestions.