Since 1995 the group conducts R&D projects relating to both STEP technologies and scientific computing applications. Often the performed projects interleaved by target goals. Nevertheless, common software engineering solutions based on proposed open architectures, developed object-oriented frameworks, general-purpose component libraries and CASE instruments were well suited to both directions. Most significant projects are the following.
- Component-Based Architecture for Unified Development of CAD/CAM/CAE Systems
- An Open System for Mathematical Modeling and Scientific Visualization
- General-Purpose Mathematical Object-Oriented Library
- Object-Oriented Methodology for Scientific Visualization
- Component-Based Technology for Building Integrated Multidisciplinary Applications
(The project aimed at design of open software architecture would be internally compliant with STEP SDAI interfaces and would allow component-based building of various applied systems)
(Russian Ministry for Industry, Science and Technology 1996-2001)
(Russian Foundation of Basic Research 1996-2002)
- 3D Integrated Object-Oriented Kernel for Application Development
- Volume Visualization for High-Performance Computing
- Visualization of Complex Physical Phenomena and Mathematical Objects in Virtual Environments
(joint GMD FIRST, ISP RAS project 1995-1997; The project goal was based on STEP information models the integrated 3D modeling kernel suitable for a wide range graphic applications)
(joint GMD FIRST, ISP RAS, IMM RAS project 1997-1999)
(INTAS project GMD IMK, RCCPT, ISP RAS, SFIT, MIRA Lab 1997-1999)
Current activities extend the research and development topics significantly.